Helping Keep The Oxford & Oxfordshire Community Local
Thu December 9, 2021
- Covid: New Plan B rules on working from home and masks announced for England - Boris Johnson announces tougher Plan B coronavirus measures as row over No 10 Christmas party continues.
- Kidlington elephant: Barn plea to fix one-tonne sculpture - The 10ft (3m) high sculpture, on a roundabout in Kidlington, was damaged when a car crashed into it.
- Supergrass to play first Oxford hometown show in 12 years - Bassist Mick Quinn says the gig could be their last in Oxford as a band.
- Tesco depot staff suspend pre-Christmas pay strikes - Up to 1,200 workers across four sites have halted walkouts over pay, the Unite union says.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.