Helping Keep The Oxford & Oxfordshire Community Local
Tue June 25, 2019
- Man killed by car on A34 after 'thumbing for lift' - Jack Morley was walking on a dual carriageway after a Christmas party, an inquest hears.
- Baroness Blackwood: Fainting in House of Lords 'no big deal' - Baroness Blackwood fainted at the despatch box when she was discussing the recent listeria outbreak.
- Four in hospital after Abingdon chemical incident - Two cleaning workers and two members of the public test positive for carbon monoxide inhalation.
- Duncan Shearman jailed for Oxford armed stand-off - Duncan Shearman shot at police, stripped naked and hurled a vacuum from his balcony in Oxford.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.