Helping Keep The Oxford & Oxfordshire Community Local
Fri July 1, 2022
- Campsfield House: Council leader says immigration centre 'dehumanises refugees' - The Campsfield House immigration removal centre in Oxfordshire shut in 2018 after years of problems.
- Oxfordshire parish council clerk Joanne Wills jailed for £160,000 fraud - Joanne Wills found a way of "stealing from every person" in the village, a court hears.
- Raymond Blanc Great Milton hotel's expansion gets go-ahead - About 80 more staff could be employed at the Great Milton complex once the expansion is complete.
- River and Rowing Museum to close for leaky roof repairs - The River and Rowing Museum will close for six moths while repairs are carried out.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.