Helping Keep The Oxford & Oxfordshire Community Local
Thu February 20, 2020
- Lasers target two aircraft flying in Oxfordshire - A 21-year-old is recovering from suffering a laser burn to his eye when a beam was shone at a plane.
- Final Beales department stores set to close - The closure of the last 11 Beales stores will put hundreds of jobs at risk.
- Man dies in Oxford mini motorbike crash with barrier - The rider in his 30s was fatally injured in the crash in Oxford on Monday night.
- British radio antenna arrives at space station - The UK's first industrial contribution to the orbiting platform will improve its communication links.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.