Helping Keep The Oxford & Oxfordshire Community Local
Sat April 20, 2019
- Can non-Asian people get henna tattoos? - A woman of Asian heritage is challenging the taboos around henna tattoos and cultural appropriation.
- Jayden Parkinson murder: Mother calls for 'domestic abuse register' - Teenager Jayden Parkinson was strangled by her abusive ex-boyfriend in Didcot.
- Evidence of rabbits in UK in Roman times, say academics - Tests on a bone, found in West Sussex, show for the first time the animal was alive in the first century AD.
- HS2 buys residential properties and land worth £600m - Figures show HS2 has bought over 900 properties that could be affected by the high-speed rail route.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.